About the Rosary
- The 15 Promises of the Rosary
- The Prayers of the Rosary
- How to Pray the Rosary
- The Mysteries of the Rosary
15 Easy Steps
The Holy Father suggests the Joyful mysteries are said on Monday and Saturday, Luminous on Thursday, the Sorrowful on Tuesday and Friday, and the Glorious on Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday (with this exception: Sundays of Christmas season – the Joyful; Sundays of Lent – Sorrowful)
- Step 1: The rosary prayer begins with the sign of the cross, In the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
- Step 2: Pray the St. Louis de Montfort introductory prayer.
- Step 3: On the crucifix we begin with the prayer of the Apostles Creed.
- Step 4: On the single bead above the crucifix pray the Lord’s Prayer.
- Step 5: On the next three beads pray three Hail Mary’s.
- Step 6: Pray the Glory Be.
- Step 7: We now begin the first mystery of the rosary.
- Step 8: Announce the first mystery (i.e. The Annunciation).
- Step 9: Begin by praying on the single large bead the Lord’s Prayer.
- Step 10: On the next ten beads pray ten Hail Mary’s.
- Step 11: Conclude each decade of ten Hail Mary’s with the Glory Be and Fatima Angel’s Prayer.
- Step 12: Continue with the next mystery until you complete all the mysteries.
- Step 13: At the conclusion of the mysteries pray the following St. Louis de Montfort concluding prayer (below).
Concluding Prayer (St. Louis de Montfort)
Hail Mary, beloved Daughter of the Eternal Father, admirable Mother of the Son, faithful Spouse of the Holy Ghost, august Temple of the most Holy Trinity! Hail, sovereign princess, to whom all owe subjection in Heaven and on earth! Hail sure refuge of sinners, Our Lady of Mercy, who hast never refused any request. All sinful though I am, I cast myself at thy feet and beseech thee to obtain from Jesus, thy beloved Son, contrition and pardon for all my sins, as well as the gift of divine wisdom. I consecrate myself entirely to thee with all that I have. I choose thee today for my Mother and Mistress. Treat me, then, as the least of thy children and the most obedient of thy servants. Listen, my princess, listen to the sighs of a heart that desires to love and serve thee faithfully. Let it never be said that of all those who have had recourse to thee, I was the first to be abandoned. O my hope, O my life, O my faithful and Immaculate Virgin Mary, defend me, nourish me, hear me, teach me and save me. Amen.
- Step 14: Complete your rosary by reciting the following prayers.
HAIL, HOLY QUEEN, Mother of Mercy, our life, our sweetness and our hope! To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve; to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary!
Leader: Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God.
Response: That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.
Let us pray.
O GOD, whose only begotten Son, by His life, death, and resurrection, has purchased for us the rewards of eternal life, grant, we beseech Thee, that meditating upon these mysteries of the Most Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary, we may imitate what they contain and obtain what they promise, through the same Christ Our Lord. Amen.
- Step 15: Conclude with the sign of the cross, In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.